POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso-Gate (74.2 K) : Re: Iso-Gate (74.2 K) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-Gate (74.2 K)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 24 Oct 2003 15:10:01
Message: <web.3f9977cdb078a8778062416c0@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>"Anonymous" <nob### [at] herecom> wrote in message
>
>> You'll need much stronger braces and hinges..
>
>  Absolutely! The ones used here are no good.
>
>  What's that black bit in the top right-hand corner of the gate?
>
>   ~Steve~

Man, everyone's a critic! ;-)

A) It's an improvement over having it just float in space, which was what my
first attempt looked like.

B) The "black bit" is the latch extension, an L-shaped rod that goes down to
the catch, and, when rotated, rotates the catch away from the hook on the
other side so that the gate can swing open.

See, I provide lots of details, even if they wouldn't work in real life. . .
..

Now, I'll go home and design some stronger hinges, a better latch, and maybe
even a more realistic way of embedding the hardware into the brick wall
than just having it poke out.

Dave Matthews